How to Fix HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201?
HP Photosmart C5180 Printer comes with Error Message 0xc18a0201 saying ink system failure. To fix HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201 user must follow the blog steps. Other Printer error messages saying Scanner system failure on HP printers and multifunction devices. Often the errors messages appearing after replacing ink cartridges, sometimes during the printing other times there is no apparent reason for the error to occur. Before attempting to reset any error, make sure that there is no obvious problem that might be causing it for example: no ink in cartridges, cartridges over full, ink on the cartridge chips/contacts, missing cartridge chip etc.
Steps to Troubleshoot HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201:
Method 1: Follow the procedural steps to resolve the arrived error
Step 1: Without turning off the device disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
Step 2: Remove the ink cartridges from the product.
Step 3: Wait for the ‘Insert Cartridges ‘ message to display on the control panel.
Step 4: Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
Step 5: Wait 60 seconds.
Step 6: Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button
Step 7: Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
Step 8: If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Step 9: Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Related Blog: How to Fix HP LaserJet Printer Error B0605?
Method 2: Alternative to all above Method
Step 1: Press and hold on Left arrow key
Step 2: Press the setup key and now release both keys
Step 3: Next display must show enter special key combo’
Step 4: Press and then release the OK button.
And then continue
- Keep on to the right arrow button until the display shows up message “System Configuration Menu”.
- Now hold on to “OK” button.
- Next users display should say “Hardware failure status”.
- Now hold on to “OK” button.
- Next printer will display message saying “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
- Hold on to the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
- Hold on to “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. User should NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
- Turn the unit OFF by turning the power button off and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
- User need to wait for 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
- Turn the unit on. The printer may display the message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
- Look for HP Printer initialized or not. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Do not interrupt and let the process complete. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
- Next is to verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
Connect for assistance to HP Printer Support Number +44-800-046-5291
The above mentioned steps are sufficient to resolve the Error 0xc18a0201 With Your HP Printer but in case you face difficulties in understanding the steps you can call HP Printer Support Number UK @+44-800-046-5291(toll-free). The trained technicians support you in every possible manner and are available any hour of the day night to assist you.